Quan Zhen Cultural Society (Singapore) was registered in the Republic of Singapore on 8 April 2016 under the Societies Act. The gazette notification effecting the registration was published in the Government Gazette, Electronic Edition, on 21 April 2016 vide Notification Number 1191.
The Quan Zhen Cultural Society (Singapore) is a registered Ordinary Member of the Taoist Federation (Singapore).
The aims and objects of the Society, as defined in the Constitution, shall be:
- To propagate the teachings of Taoism through educational courses, public lectures, forums, seminars and exhibitions, and to provide a platform for any individual, particularly youths, to learn and appreciate Taoism.
- To continue the lineage of the Taoist Complete Perfection Dragon Gate Tradition and to teach the orthodox teachings and rituals.
- To serve the community and assist the underprivileged in our society, guided by the teachings of Taoism.
- To engage and collaborate with other organisations locally and internationally which share similar objects of the Society, and to participate in any event or function locally and internationally which are in line with the objects of the Society.
- In furtherance of the above objects, the Society:
- May train and deploy members to engage in social services and any charitable works.
- May ordain Taoist priests to serve the religious needs of the Taoist community.
- May engage in inter-faith and intra-faith dialogues and activities.
- May provide religious consultancy and services to members and also any individual or institution.
- May organise recreational activities for members and their families.
- Shall not engage in any activities that may undermine the racial or religious harmony in Singapore.
Logo of the Society
Find out more about the symbol here.
The Society is also guided by a team of distinguished Advisers.
Honorary Advisor – Master Leung Tak Wah, MH (Chairman, Hong Kong Taoist Association)
Honorary Advisor – Mr Tan Thiam Lye, BBM (Chairman, Singapore Taoist Federation)
Legal Advisor – Mr Lam Kuet Keng Steven John, BBM (Director, Templars Law LLC)
Academic Advisor – Professor Chen Yaoting (Distinguished Taoist Scholar)
Ritual Advisor – Master Li Sauman (Tutor-of-Rites, Hong Kong Fung Ying Seen Koon)
Executive Committee (Executive Board)
Find our more about our Executive Committee members here.